Sunday, May 9, 2010

A mother I am, the mommy I want to be

My mother's day was wonderful. I have a loving husband and an amazing little boy. I can't describe how much I love them! I won't be too tedious in my detail, but I do have to flaunt my mother's day booty. Take that last statement any way you want to. ;)

I have always loved the TV show "Frasier." But, not having TV makes enjoying it a little difficult. Unfortunately, if I tried to watch TV on the computer, I would probably go insane and start talking to an invisible Mr. Bigglesworth. So my caring, understanding husband bought me season 11 (I always like the later seasons better)! Now I have seasons 10 and 11, just nine seasons to go!

I've also been wanting a book series for a long time that I've had a hard time finding. Its a young adult series written by Scott Westerfeld, and the first book is called 'The Uglies.' I first learned about it in one of my education classes and thought they were engaging and interesting. I'm excited to read the whole series!

Material spoiling aside, the concept of what it takes to be a good mother has become glaringly clear to me recently. Derek and I are so blessed to have amazingly good mothers. They are loving, generous, talented, smart, and everything that leaves that warm, cozy feeling coating childhood memories. I know I'm still a new mom, and I know that I will have to learn lessons of mom-hood over and over again, but I also know where I'm painfully lacking. I'm thankful to have such wonderful examples to learn from. Thank you Momma Rhodes and Momma Abbott, Ashley, Christy (who always acted like my mother), Grandma Betty, Grandma Reba, Aunt Cindy, Aunt Debbie, Aunt Catharine, Aunt Debbie, Aunt Gail, Aunt Donna, Taralyn, Janet and the other mother's in my life I'm not related to. Especially Sarah, Wendy, Vicki and Lindsey. I love ya'll and am trying to be more like you.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, you're sweet. :) I love your posts Jessie Jo, I definitely can relate (especially to the previous post about self image.. it's crazy how much I've changed since my "skinny" days). Thanks for updating! And I can't forget, happy birthday to little Ethan!!! :D

    ReplyDelete