Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mojo writes again!

I feel like I should write something. What? I have no idea; meaning that this may turn into a long, rambling and pointless post. I want to give an update about Ethan, but his birthday is on Tuesday and he turns one (Yay!), so I kind of want to wait until then. Besides, I haven't taken any new pictures yet, and let's face it, an Ethan update without them would almost be lame. Almost.

I would love for Derek to do his own update since he can articulate what's going on with him better. One thing about Derek's school: These professors are insane! I swear most people in Idaho seem to lack any sense of proportion or measurable common sense. I'll stop here before my gremlin-like, bile saturated side runs amuck. That leaves an update about me, but I have a hard time convincing myself it would be as interesting as an Ethan update. Let's give it a shot, shall we?

Going gluten-free is wonderful! I feel so much better, and my skin is almost back to its temperamental, but clear, state. It's not as big of an adjustment as I was afraid it would be. I didn't eat a whole lot of bread, and the cookbook my mom recommended is amazing! I don't feel like I've had to give up anything really. Although, a sad sigh for Milano cookies every now and again is inevitable. I'm still carrying around too much weight, but I have high hopes of shedding the excess poundage soon.

I have to say that this past year has been the most painful, and enlightening, for my vanity. I was never as beautiful as my sisters growing up. They always had, and still do, a classic, almost Romanesque, beauty that shines, especially when they smile. Comparatively, I never thought I came close. In my twenties, I came to think of myself as pretty cute. Then I lost everything I thought made me beautiful, mainly my figure and my nice skin, and yet I learned how beautiful my husband knows I am. I'm still struggling to see through his eyes, but its an education I hope to pass on to our daughters. I still talk about fitting into my clothes again, and having clear skin, but thankfully I'm no longer dependent on it for my self-esteem. I'm also making a conscious effort to stop belittling myself and my appearance. I'm hoping I can stay on this good vibe train!

I've also started to learn Yoga. Body contortion has never been a talent of mine, and I've learned I'm as flexible as a 2x4, but I still enjoy it. Maybe its the meditation or contagious feeling of calm and well being, but I always feel better after a session. Derek and I are trying to get into a new, active routine that, for me, would include Pilates, Yoga and running. Sorry Billy Blanks, I think you and I should take a little break. As for the rest of you, please stay tuned for future developments! Though it may seem like ages, know that I will always post...eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment